I am very happy to be part of an amazing team at Vermilion Elementary School. I have been a school administrator for over 20 years and am passionate about my work. I have several beliefs about education:
1. I believe that a strong school is a result of cooperation and collaboration between educators, students, parents and the community.
2. I believe in honesty, trust and professionalism. It is important to listen and seek win-win solutions to problems.
3. I believe in creating and sharing a vision. If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there.
4. I believe in dedication to excellence and in leading by example. Demonstrating commitment allows one to have high expectations of others.
5. I believe that respecting and appreciating the efforts of every single individual within a school is essential if a ‘family’ culture is to be reinforced.
6. I believe in life-long learning and acknowledging and supporting individuals who seek to broaden their knowledge or experiences. They, in turn, make a school stronger.
7. I believe in developing a climate where stakeholders understand and share a set of beliefs. This enables the empowerment of individuals and leads to a stronger organization.
8. I believe in supporting risk takers whose purpose is to be progressive. We cannot get to where we want to be by staying where we are.
9. I believe that communication is the single most important element required for successful leadership.
10. I believe that children are the reason why I want to be at Vermilion Elementary School.
11. I believe everyone can learn and everyone can be successful.
12. I believe our school needs to be a safe and caring place that students and staff look forward to coming to every day.
One must never forget the responsibility one accepts as an educator! I look forward to an outstanding year at VES!